- Got a new author pic taken (not as traumatic as I thought it'd be, and I have a few... I think I'll go with this one)
- Bruised my index finger pretty bad by banging it against the shower knob after running
- Did some Christmas shopping
- Took Ahti to dog park to find a pug meet-up of some sort (crazy-cool to see dozens of pugs all running around slowly, breathing loud breaths in, it seemed, unison)
- Ate some pre-packaged salad and got violently ill shortly there after
- Thought I could run it off, so tried running again, and got more violently ill (Asian salad - Tyler Farms - not saying that did it, but that's what I ate 2 hours before getting violently ill)
- Watched Sons of Anarchy, which was all about a guy getting ill after taking too many drugs, and I got even more violently ill
- Started feeling better
- Graded, graded, graded
- Started feeling even better (perhaps my students' writings have healing powers)
- Made ginger tea and began writing this blog post with all intentions of going to sleep directly after
Well, at least I have tomorrow left in my weekend, and tomorrow my husband's returning from a business trip, so as long as I'm not violently ill, it should be a pretty damn good day.
In writing news, I had two stories published since my last post.
- Lying to Old Men, which received finalist status for The Fulton Prize and is up at The Adirondack Review.
- Beyond the Thin Line, which is up at A-Minor and is a very different, very short piece of prose/poetry.
I hope you all have a good week.