Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Until Then

This is my last post for a few weeks as I will be traveling the month of January (picking up an MFA along the way). Who but a writer (or perhaps a professional skier) would venture to Vermont in January to pursue her passion?

That's right, folks, with Texas-thin blood and a dream, I'm headed North--wish me luck, I'll likely need it.

So, what did it take to make the journey from fifteen year-old runaway with ghetto dreams of owning the newest pair of sneakers and getting a bottle of Boones Farm to get me through the day to thirty year-old MFA graduate? I'm not going to lie to you: it took ten years of incredibly hard work, numerous false-starts and $66,000 in school loans (you should know by now, I hold nothing back). But, my dreams are bigger than Texas now, and I'm here to tell you, if I can do it, ANYONE can.

My next post will be mid-January, so in the meantime, I wish all of you a beautiful holiday season. Don't neglect those resolutions--make them realistic, and they do come true.

Love, Jen

***Don't forget to check out Musical Chairs---According to my resolutions, it'll be big in 2010.
**************************************************************************
**************************************************************************

3 comments:

  1. Have fun on the break! I'm sure Texas will miss you mucho, but I can still bug you on Twitter =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. End strong! Looking forward to reading your updates when you return.

    ReplyDelete

Chapbook release

"As our children walked in circles, their children shook their heads and made their way toward another life; new ghosts remained. And w...