Saturday, June 16, 2012

Image by Christopher Shanahan 

"Always a Story" is up at Fictionaut, if you want a quick read (this short essay appears in To Begin Again): http://www.fictionaut.com/stories/jen-knox/always-a-story--2  I'm going to visit my mother soon, so I posted in anticipation. There really is always a story.

Along with my novel, which is completed as a rough draft, but is still rather rough, I've been working on shorter stories as a sort of break. These are fun. I plan to do a whole series of stories (two down) that are inspired by various bug/insects (bugs are not insects, which I didn't know before I began researching the little guys). The one I'm writing today scorpion-inspired, and it's shaping up to be rather comical. These stories will be pretty insane. Well, that's the goal anyway. We'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapbook release

"As our children walked in circles, their children shook their heads and made their way toward another life; new ghosts remained. And w...