Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Chapbooks and chopsticks

I didn't post this weekend because I was finishing up the first half of my novel to send (sent). Also, my husband came back from Japan (yes!), which means I had to buy the proper decorative holder for my new, extensive chopstick collection. Oh, and I was pretty busy otherwise. I designed the 2307 creative writing course that I'll begin teaching next week, and I think it's going to be a great course. I hope so. The weekend was great anyway. I mean, seriously, check this out. I asked him for one good set. The man goes above and beyond.


In writing news, a small portion of my manuscript of short stories received third place in a chapbook competition held by Monkey Puzzle Press, which means I'll be offering up a little chap, hopefully a teaser for the longer collection that will eventually follow. And to balance things out, I got some really encouraging rejections (always nice) for a long story I've been trying to place that I really love. Long stories are a hell of a lot harder to place, let me tell you, but I believe in this story, so I might try a few more places. If you haven't yet, please check out my last two published stories (right). I have nothing new to share this week, but I'm pretty proud of those two.

I wish you all a wonderful week, and if you're anywhere close to me in South Texas, I wish you air conditioning and shade aplenty.





1 comment:

  1. If you are going to Japan, it's important to understand how to use your chopsticks so you don't offend Japanese around you.

    http://www.asianideas.com/peimch.html

    ReplyDelete

Chapbook release

"As our children walked in circles, their children shook their heads and made their way toward another life; new ghosts remained. And w...