Some thoughts in August...
- The best way to not write is to talk about what you're writing.
- If you want to feel better about your decision-making skills, put your chess app on Level 1.
- Name changes are a PITA.
- When you have 4 teachers and and only 1 student, that's one lucky student. #truestory
- You shouldn't sip espresso. If you do, you don't get it. I'll show you how it's done.
- The right lighting is everything.
- The right friends are everything.
- The right place at the right time is cool.
- The right direction without GPS is genius.
- The right decision can't be over-analyzed.
- Adjuncts don't get paid enough.
- Nonprofit workers don't get paid enough.
- The cannabis industry, globally, is something that people like to wave off, then secretly invest in. #truestory
- If no one listens to you, that's permission to say whatever the fuck you want.
- When you can get comfortable out of your "zone" and sit well with embarrassment, you're a rock star.
*Creativity prompt: Write a story in a genre that you never ordinarily read. Just try it. Then read a bit in that genre and see how close you came.