Sunday, July 21, 2013

Swimming in stories

Source: "How Are You Folks Doing Today?"

Short post today because I read 240 pages of student stories yesterday and have a few yet to go. This is the week leading up to finals, and as the title says, I feel as though I'm swimming in stories. So far, I've read some truly amazing work. I suppose I always have a few gems in these classes, but there's something about this summer class--such hard workers in this class. I only wish these online courses weren't so jam-packed that I have to ration my time with each student.

In writing news, my Bound Off story is out! I hope it makes you laugh and cry (or come close) with this one. AN AWKWARD GRIEF is short, and Ann Rushton did it wonders with her reading. (This is an audio story, and it's free to listen. It runs just under seven minutes.)

Also, I did something I haven't done in a long time. I did an interview. It's up at DIGGING THROUGH THE FAT, blog of the remarkable Gessy Alvarez. She asks about my writing process (brace yourself) and motivation to write, among other things. It's been a good few days.

Diving back in. Have a wonderful week!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapbook release

"As our children walked in circles, their children shook their heads and made their way toward another life; new ghosts remained. And w...