Saturday, September 28, 2013

Forget the week, I just want to talk about today

Writing News:

I am thrilled to share an excerpt from my novel at WIPs! Although I'm not under contract for this book-to-be yet, I really believe in the story. Hopefully it will find its way to print soon. Huge thanks to Roland Goity who has offered my work such a fine stage. He also interviewed me about the project here: WIPs Conversation.

"After the Gazebo" (originally published in ARDOR) was highlighted at The Original Van Gogh's Ear Anthology. This story has grown legs and walked off. I love it.

I have a few stories forthcoming that are short and punchy, so I'll post soon. In the meantime, no other news but I am writing my butt off. Still no title for this next novel, but it's coming together little by little. I've decided to be a full-time writer even though I also work a 9-5 and a part-time job. I haven't done the math yet, but I'll let you know how that goes.

Personal News:

Horrible week, so I'll just focus on today. The glory of small things: I have post-Zumba pain. I know I'm a bit late to the Zumba craze, but it's really fun.

OSU is playing. Chris is painting in front of the TV. We're having a very relaxing, low-key weekend. I ran this morning, slowly. Chris and I ate at a Greek restaurant today, and I accidentally dropped my silverware. The fork fell out, bounced off the table and slid across the floor. Then I made a mess trying to get the cucumber sauce off my plate without getting it on anything. I was not kicked out, so that's a win.

Later, I walked a bit while talking to my Dad on the phone and watched a lady talk to squirrels for a good minute as I waited to cross the street. I said hello to her, but she didn't have any holler for me. I am not a squirrel.

Such is life. Enjoy the week, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapbook release

"As our children walked in circles, their children shook their heads and made their way toward another life; new ghosts remained. And w...