Sunday, April 13, 2014

In with the new

It has been too long since I've posted. And, everything has changed. Okay, that's an exaggeration, but a lot has changed. After working a lot of overtime for a few weeks, during which I had a book release and reading at San Antonio College and company and a few other engagements, I am again settling into a routine. I am a routine-driven person, and I believe it is within routines that I find my discipline, so this is a great relief.

So what has changed? A few things.

My book is out and in my hands (if you'd like to order a copy from me, let me know... if you'd like an eVersion, they're less than $3 on Amazon). Monkey Puzzle Press was fantastic to work with, so if you're considering submitting a manuscript to them, do! Not sure it's selling, but I think it is... we'll see.

I was offered and accepted a new position as a Best Practices Research Analyst with Frost & Sullivan (my current company). I will be researching the information, communication, and technology (ICT) industry, so I think it will be interesting as this is an ever-evolving space. This is an cool opportunity, and I look forward to the challenge because there will be a definite learning curve. Hard work pays off.

For writers, challenges in life are where we find the emotion, the catalyst to create, so my hope is that this new position will feed my writing, not distract from it. I am confident this will be the case.

I have had two (amazing) publishers show interest in my work. One has my short story collection and the other has my novel. We'll see what happens. I have learned not to count on anything just working out, so I can say I'm cautiously optimistic.

As for today, I plan to work a bit on my newest story and a new novel. I spent the morning at urgent care, due to a cold that hasn't gone away for almost two weeks. Urgent cares are a trip! My doctor introduced himself as June bug and after doing a few tests, diagnosed me with a sinus infection. I'm not big on antibiotics or any unnecessary meds, but I've been miserable (inevitable after all that concentrated work, entertaining, and little sleep). I'm on some steroids, so hopefully I don't turn into that guy ->

Life is constant flux. Thank goodness. I hope you have a beautiful week ahead, and if you have a Kindle, I hope you check out my five stories (if you do, please let me know what you think).

xo Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapbook release

"As our children walked in circles, their children shook their heads and made their way toward another life; new ghosts remained. And w...