Friday, October 2, 2015

A Week of Observations: P2


It was another long but rewarding week, and here are a few things I learned (digression: making lists is my new thing - I've been making all kinds of lists lately, and they've been bringing me great joy. Lists are highly recommended. If we get a Yelp for random things the way we're getting a Yelp for people, I would give Lists 5 stars). That said, my week of lessons in a list:
  • Starbucks is fast food (and expensive fast food at that, but the new drive-thrus are freaky cool)
  • I can't do it all; it's okay to turn down work
  • Emu oil can cure almost anything
  • Strange is okay
  • Freelancing work may not pick up for years, but when it picks up, it picks up fast
  • Travel is necessary for artists
  • It's good to practice what I prescribe
  • Not everyone has to "get" everyone else... let it be
  • Sleep is necessary for sanity
  • Complaining doesn't help anything
  • There's a National Coffee Day and I am its newest self-appointed ambassador 
  • Opportunities come in groups
  • Sometime you need to tell people to shut up, even if you don't know them (but only if they're being horribly inappropriate)
  • Investing a little time in organizational efforts reduces a lot of paper shuffling time later
  • I am a sugar addict (it's bad - I need help)
  • Having more than one full-length manuscript complete when submitting work is a very comforting feeling (good vibes are welcome)
  • Making lists keeps me on track
Writing prompt: Try writing a list poem. It can turn the way of flash, or not. I like the idea of writing a list of things in a junk drawer, as outlined on Poetry Soup. But this can be a mere catalyst. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapbook release

"As our children walked in circles, their children shook their heads and made their way toward another life; new ghosts remained. And w...